Tuesday, January 1, 2013

B is for Begin Again


Begin Again: make a fresh start, wipe the slate clean, back to square one.
[According to Dictionary.com Thesaurus]

Well it's officially 2013. Another year over and a new one just begun. (yes, from the song "Happy Christmas" I love Christmas music!) I've undergone a whole lot of change in the past twelve months and it's been a hell of year. Living up my senior year of college with my amazing roommates and friends, graduating college, landing my first full-time job, moving away from home, supporting and living by myself and making my way through the real world and a corporate company.

One thing that I have learned about myself over the year is that I thrive on a routine. Now don't get me wrong, I don't need to have every hour of every day planned out and believe me, I love breaks and change like every one. It's just that I've found that I am my best self when I have a set structure to follow. I think this is probably true for most of society though. 

It's been really interesting since the last two months have been full of holidays and vacation time. It was wonderful being able to spend that time back at home with family. While I was home though, it was so easy to skip working out and to slack on eating healthy meals. I'm not upset about it though because I know coming back now means back to routine and back to regular workouts and meals. The break was completely worth it.

I actually can't explain how excited I am to get back to work (weird, I know) and to workouts again. This month is going to have a lot going on - a volleyball league, euchre league and department-wide fitness team challenge - are all starting up. I've been doing so well (before the holidays) with my routine since I moved down here, and I'm ready to continue it for 2013. I'm looking forward to all the adventures that 2013 will bring and I suppose if I have any kind of resolution to work on it's to be open to taking advantage to even more adventures and doing new things.

Another thing I will be working on is this - keeping up The B List. I can't promise it's regularity but as I find time and inspiration, I'll keep you updated.

Until next time
    -~- B.

No comments:

Post a Comment