Wednesday, July 27, 2011

B is for Book

Book: a set of written, printed or blank sheets bound together into a volume.
[According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary]

I love books. I mean, I really like reading when I have the time. Now this isn't like reading textbooks and school stuff, although I'll admit that sometimes I like to read those too, but only when I'm really interested in the subject. My favorite books are by Nicholas Sparks, and I own all of them except for his latest and of course the one that comes out this October. I've read about half of them so far. I love the romance in the stories, even the tear-jerkers and I just can't get enough. It's my guilty pleasure. Sometime to get lost in for a little bit. I wish I had a few more hours in the day to read and to do everything I want to, but priorities come into play and work and all that nonsense.
Anyways, the book that I'm reading right now is actually not by Sparks. It's called the 4 Hour Work Week and is written by Tim Ferriss. I'm not sure how many people actually read books and really get into them like I do, but for being about only twenty pages in, I'm already inspired. It's actually part of the reason for the many adventures and plans that have and are going to take place this summer, which I'm very excited for.
The PostSecret Book series is another that I really enjoy reading and the PostSecret Blog (new every Sunday!) for that matter too. It really is eye-opening to see these secrets that people write down and send to a Frank Warren, just some guy who started a project/experiment to collect secrets on postcards. It's kind of comforting as well to see what everyone else is going through, knowing someone else is dealing with the same issues and knowing that you aren't alone in that.

-~- B.

No comments:

Post a Comment