Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ready for a New Chapter

Well here it goes, my last mandatory post for my social media class. I'm not sure if i'll be keeping up with posting after this, probably not nearly as often and consistent, but I guess we'll see. The past week has been a little crazy for me, but busy all the same. The weather has been amazing and it makes me so excited for summer. After a recent break-up, I've gotten to connect with more of my friends and just hang out with everyone. I've had so much support and can keep myself busy and I'm happier now, too. I've loved laying out by the pond with my best friends and taking walks throughout campus and on the Green Monster. I'm starting to study for finals, but I'm also  going out to make the most of these last two weeks here of my junior year.
I'm pretty excited to be home with my family and for camping at the lake and fishing and skiing there, too. I have my old summer job back at the pool, which I've had for the past five years, but I'm looking around for something that's going to be more beneficial for my job search next year. The one marketing company that I had been talking to for a few months has still not gotten back to me with a final answer, saying that they should know by "next week," several times. It's very frustrating to have a company do that though, because I need to know if I need to continue looking around for somewhere else or if I'll really be able to work there. It definitely sucks because I just feel like I wasted so much time thinking that I had this position and I could have been contacting other companies for opportunities. I just think it's so disrespectful. I mean why keep dragging me along if you're not going to offer me the job and wasting my time if you're not going to know for a few months. In our business classes, we're taught to follow up with a thank up card right after an interview and I think that companies should show that same timeliness and let you know within a two-week period or something. Luckily I've been able to contact another company who is hiring summer help in their marketing department. I have to call them this Friday and set up an interview. Hopefully I can land this so I won't be stuck at the pool again and have to roast in the sun six hours a day this summer. I guess we'll see how it plays out though. Wish me Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment