Tuesday, August 16, 2011

B is for Baggage (Pt. 2)


B is for Baggage - Part 2
Baggage: suitcases, trunks and personal belongings of travelers.
[According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary]

Well this post ends my series from the adventure to Boston. I had to be at the train station before 11 AM in time to wait and board the train at South Station. Unlike my first trip on the train, I wouldn’t have to get off or switch to anything else, it was just going to be a straight ride from Boston to Toledo. So I boarded at about noon and was estimated to arrive at about 5:55 AM on Monday morning. That’s like 18 hours… and also a funny joke because the train somehow got behind schedule somehow - like by a lot. The train didn’t arrive in Toledo until 7:30 AM! So that was fun. It was pretty nice though because I had both seats to myself for probably 75% of the trip. I was able to spread out and lie down and get a bit of sleep.  Other things I did to keep myself busy:
  • Finished reading the last 3/4th of a book (The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks)
  • Ate snacks
  • Watched a movie (Morning Glory)
  • Ate more snacks
  • Listened to music
  • Tried to sleep
  • Played a bit of solitaire
  • Went to the cafe car to get some “real” food
  • Watched another movie (A Lot Like Love)
  • Listened to some more music while trying to sleep
Good Times! So yeah, it was a super long ride, but at least the train seats were comfortable. It trip would have been better if it wouldn't have been so long, though. Plus this train was rocking all over the tracks kind of a lot and it was sort of like feeling sea-sick .. not okay. I wouldn't be against traveling by train again, but I'm not about to go again real soon. But at least I can say I've done it!
After I arrived in Toledo, Brentlee was there waiting and picked me up. We got some real "real" food for breakfast at Bob Evans - I love Bob Evans. Then we stopped back at his house so I could get my car and drive the final two hours of the trip back home to get some quality sleep in my own bed. There's nothing like laying down in your bed after you've been away. So nice!

-~- B.

No comments:

Post a Comment