Monday, July 25, 2011

B is for Brave

Brave: having or showing courage.
[According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary]

As a girl, I was completely shy and reserved. For the most part I've still got that calm and quite nature, but for the last three or four years I've been more outgoing and much less self-conscious. I try to meet new people and experience as many new things as I can. I really love listening to people's stories and what they've experienced. I find it fascinating to learn where people came from and how they got where they are today. I do whatever I can to be happy and to live so that I'll have an amazing story with lots of adventures that I can tell someday to someone like me. I chose 'brave' for this blog because I'm traveling to Boston by train (a 17-hour ride) by myself. Yes, thats going to be really long and probably boring, but I'm not worried about keeping myself occupied. Actually I'm kind of hoping to meet someone on the train and have a nice friendly chat with them. You know, kind of like in the movies. Silly as it might sound, but it's just all part of the adventure. I want to be able to say that I did those things and take something away from the experience. After college I want to move somewhere new. If I'm starting over on my own, I think I should kind of test myself and I'm using this trip as that test. I'm sort of taking this adventure prove to myself that I'll be fine. I mean I know I can do it and it won't be a problem, but honestly if I can't take a train to Boston and travel by myself to meet my friend for a week, then how can I possibly live  on my own in a brand new, unfamiliar place? It's all about pushing the limits and testing comfortability.

-~- B.
 "A person’s success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he is willing to have."

No comments:

Post a Comment