Wednesday, April 20, 2011

For the Kid at Heart

I don't know about you, but even though I'm in college, I still love watching Disney movies. Some of my favorites are the Lion King, Finding Nemo, the Emperor's New Groove, and Cars.
Naturally, when I heard that Disney-Pixar was coming out with a new sequel - Cars 2: World Grand Prix, I was pumped. In this new movie, the star race car, Lightening McQueen, and his tow truck friend, Mater, head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car, but on the way, Mater gets involved in some kind of adventure dealing with international spies and espionage.
The really cool thing about Cars 2 is how they're promoting it. I saw a YouTube video advertising the the new sequel and though it was kind of weird and didn't tell too much about the new movie coming out, but there was a hidden message/video clip hidden in the ad. If you paused the clip and typed in the code, you would be taken to a new video which is "leaked" footage of the new movie. I thought it was very creative and goes along with the sequel's theme of espionage and is pretty clever if you can catch it. (and if you didn't, then type chromea113.com in the URL to see it)
The Hidden Message - From Unnecessary Umlaut
I can't wait until June 24th when the movie comes out so I can go see it!

1 comment:

  1. How cool! What a great idea they had. I think it is really smart of Disney and Pixar to tie the theme of the movie into the advertising that way. Also, it gives the movie some appeal to the adults that are going to be taking their children to see the film.
    Also, I have to agree with you, I am super excited to see this movie. I love all Disney/Pixar movies. I just hope the little girls I babysit let me watch the entire first Cars before I go see the second one. They don't let me watch until the end because they like the beginning too much.

    ReplyDelete