Sunday, March 20, 2011

So Clever.


First of all I would like to start by saying that I LOVE SmartWater. I love the taste and the bottles and even the label, because it has a little saying on the inside of the bottle.
I can't say that I've really seen any SmartWater commercials or seen too many advertisements, but this YouTube video seems to have taken all the stops. This advertisement is trying to make a viral video, which according to wikipedia, is a video that becomes popular through the process of internet sharing, typically through video sharing websites and e-mails. Generally these viral videos include silly things like dancing babies, little animals, lip-syncing, and sexy hair whips, which is exactly what was included in this commercial. SmartWater uses these little tactics to hopefully create a video that will go viral, giving them massive exposure to promote their product.
I first saw this YouTube video on the blog, AdRants, and I must admit that it was pretty clever for SmartWater to take advantage of the video sharing media. They're also letting the public display their opinions in comments and the video has  likes and 4,636 dislikes. This kind of made me think about the groundswell and how big of an impact the public as a whole can affect this video and the spread of it, based on whether they like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment